Tuesday, May 08, 2007

This will have to be a quick post, as I am on a mission. Briefly, one of the worst days ever:

Old Sarge and I were supposed to hand out the scholarship awards at Rochelle High School last night for the VF*n*W. Right before we were leaving, we got a call from the Winnebago County Jail. OS didn’t take the call. Phone rings again-same thing. I asked OS since Son#2 lives in Rockford, maybe he should take the call. And indeed, Son#2 is in jail for a disorderly conduct arrest. This is just so completely out of character, it is unbelievable. More on that later, because I am thinking he may have a PTSD issue, but…Old Sarge heads to Rockford and I head for Rochelle. I had not talked to Young SGT over the weekend, so I called him on the way and left a message.

After the awards ceremony, I have three missed calls. After checking with OS, who waiting to get Son#2 out of jail still, The Princess and leaving a message for Young SGT again, I headed home. Just as I got into town, The Princess called and said Young SGT’s wife had been trying to call me. D was in a motorcycle accident at Ft. Hood on the way home, and was being transported from the base hospital to Temple.

He had surgery this morning. Everything that can tear is torn- tendons, ligaments, cartilage, ACL is not repairable, the top of the shin bone is broken. D is looking at 6-12 month of recovery; 2-4 more surgeries in the near future. We can not even think about his career right now. He will be facing a total knee reconstruction.

My email is kaput right now at army.mil, if anyone needs to get ahold of me, use my ancient account: ELIMJD@aol.com. I’d appreciate all the prayers we can get right now for Young SGT and the Missus.

Now, I am off to Sew Much Comfort, then Wal-Mart.

17 Comments:

At 5/08/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You all are in our prayers!

 
At 5/08/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

many thoughts with you all

 
At 5/08/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We are praying for you all. {{{Hugs}}}

 
At 5/08/2007, Blogger Kat said...

(((hugs))) I'm so sorry for all that has happened to your family -- prayers going out now. ((((hugs))))

 
At 5/08/2007, Blogger Contagion said...

Thinking about you and your family. Hopefully all goes well.

 
At 5/08/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All of y'all are in my prayers.

 
At 5/08/2007, Blogger k said...

I'm here by way of LL. I'm sending hope and best wishes and good thoughts your way.

 
At 5/08/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm such a dumbass. I link this post and forget to say something to you. Honey, if you need anything more than prayers, you just holler. The prayers have already been done. *hug*

 
At 5/08/2007, Blogger kdzu said...

Prayers going up for you and the boys. God Bless.

 
At 5/08/2007, Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

PRAYERS being said......

Tammi told me about this over the phone today...

hugs and prayers...

 
At 5/08/2007, Blogger Tracy said...

Prayers for you and your family! (came here via LL's site)

 
At 5/08/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

prayers coming from my way also!

 
At 5/09/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hopefully the Big Guy still listens to me...

 
At 5/09/2007, Blogger Vacant said...

It's nice to see how reponsive your readers are. On a lighter note, I wish you could've seen my concert last night - the kids were so amazing!

 
At 5/09/2007, Blogger Richmond said...

Prayers on teh way, RM. I am so sorry...

 
At 5/09/2007, Blogger Peter said...

Prayers up from northeast Texas.

 
At 5/13/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers for strength and healing on their way up.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home