Wednesday, May 02, 2007

Heart of Darkness

My days begin in darkness. Roaming through the house without light, quietly performing the morning ritual of getting ready for work. This morning, I was completely out of sync with the rest of the world. The lines between what was real and what was not was completely blurred. As I walked out the door, this feeling of not knowing where I was or where I was going intensified. I backed the car out of the driveway, feeling panicked and disoriented. I can’t do this, I thought, as I turned around and headed back home. I parked the car and stumbled my way back into the house.

Traded Old Sarge’s glasses for my own, and headed back out.

Yeah.

1 Comments:

At 5/02/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! I've driven around with one lens popped out and not really noticed. Maybe I like my world nice and blurry.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home