Thursday, May 10, 2007

Military Spouse Day

Tomorrow is Military Spouse Day, and I hope each and every one of you can take a moment to thank them for what they do, what they endure, and what they sacrifice.

The Friday before Mother's day each year has been set aside to honor Military Spouses. The purpose of this special day is to thank military spouses for the support they give to their family and other military families, to honor their contributions to the communities where they live and to acknowledge the sacrifices they make every day in support of their military member and our country. Both mothers and fathers face the daily challenges of military life that often include deployments, family separations, and frequent moves. These spouses are the ones left "holding down the fort" allowing our military members to successfully complete their missions and not worry about their family at home.

A Military Spouse's Prayer

Author Unknown

Lord,
Give me the strength of heart to see
The difference in duty and his love for me
Give me the understanding to know
That when duty calls, he must go
Give me the patience to know in my heart
That he is serving his country and doing his part
Give me the strength to carry on
When he's working late or must be gone
Give me a task to do each day
To fill the time while he is away
Give me others who can share
The ups and downs and who'll really care
Give me the wisdom to get me through
When I'm not quite sure of what to do
And Lord, while our family is here
Keep us healthy, safe and full of cheer.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home