Thursday, March 16, 2006

Blockage

I've had the strangest thing going on lately. I used to love sitting at the computer and popping some short fiction, sometimes what might be just a chapter in a never-to-be-written book, and could do so effortlessly. Now? Not so much.

It's as if I look at the keyboard, ideas pounding at my head to be let out, and I might as well be looking at a piano keyboard- I can't remember what to do. For the life of me, I can't make the clever turn of phrase swirling around in the old grey matter complete the transistion to cursor and screen.

Anybody else ever have that happen?

2 Comments:

At 3/16/2006, Blogger Silentwarrior said...

I've had that happen to me a few times. Come to think of it, I'm in that state contantly...

I find the only way to be rid of it is to stop trying, and do something else. Like a cold Point Special and chinese food something else. Then later, I'm good to go. Liquor, MSG, and creative constipation...ah the joys of blogging!

 
At 3/17/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

every day between 6:30 and 1700 hours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home