Thursday, March 09, 2006

I love Ben Stein

I was checking out a colummn of Ben Stein's over at The Spectator in which he discusses Hollywood, the Oscars and the Long War, and there was one sentence in particular that jumped out at me:

"Basically, the sad truth is that Hollywood does not think of itself as part of America, and so, to Hollywood, the war to save freedom from Islamic terrorists is happening to someone else."

Did you get the salient point there? "...the war...is happening to someone else."

The war is happening to someone else.

I think that just summed up why I hate 80% of the people I have talked to in the last five years.

Please read the entire article if you are so inclined. Mr. Stein makes very good points about Hollywood in general, something I personally try not to give a fuck about. But he is a real stand up guy for our military, and I respect him for that.

2 Comments:

At 3/09/2006, Blogger Contagion said...

I love Ben Stein.

 
At 3/24/2006, Blogger Politics of a Patriot said...

I recently blogged about this and got sweet little comments about how awful Ben Stein (and Oliver North) is. I love Ben Stein! :D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home