Monday, March 20, 2006

On Ex's and Idiocy

This isn't exactly news, but Old Sarge and I were both married before; we each had two boys and a girl. In the years since we've been together, we've pretty much integrated our families into one, at least as far as we are concerned. Unfortunately, our extended families have yet to read THAT memo. Mine isn't so bad, I guess- they ignore my kids blood and bond alike. But my husband's family just seems to want to stick it in and twist every chance they get.

Old Sarge's ex-wife is a bitch; there's just no other way to say it. How much of a bitch, you ask? Well, my youngest son carries neither my genes nor Old Sarge's, that's how much. I admire him so much for raising and supporting a child he knew wasn't his, and God knows it doesn't matter to either one of us. When we first got married, this woman made it a habit of coming over unannounced and walking right in the house. Needless to say, that didn't go over well in the World of Rage, and after a few tumultuous years, she's kept a respectful distance.

What gripes the hell out of me is Old Sarge's family still invites her to Christmas; brings her up in converation constantly. She made my husband's life hell for years, was unfaithful to him, ruined his credit and wasn't much of a mother. Last night, we all had pizza together for Old Sarge's birthday. His mother and sisters had put together a photo album for him, baby pictures, service pictures...and wedding pictures. Ahem...I assure you the woman in those pictures were not me.

Not one word has been said about this. I wouldn't even know where to start.

3 Comments:

At 3/20/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I need flight info and Joel's #, so we can pick you , and I can call and invite him to come by while you';re here

 
At 3/20/2006, Blogger Richmond said...

oh grrrrrrrr. That's just not nice.

 
At 3/21/2006, Blogger Tammi said...

That Sucks.

Been there. Done that. Shredded the tshirt.

Just don't let it fester too long. Otherwise it can lead to an explosion. Trust me. I know this all too well.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home