Monday, June 09, 2008

Brewing News

The first batch of beer will be ready for my niece's graduation party this weekend, and appropriately has been named "Midshipman's Ale". Even has a nice little anchor on the label.

Now, there are 5 gallons of Oktoberfest lagering in the fridge right now which will be ready for my 50th birthday in, um, October. The only name suggested so far was by the Young SGT, who thought "Being In Iraq Blows Donkey Nuts" would be a great name.

This is the beer that guarantees dancing on a table to polka music.

Please, folks, as much as I love and adore my son, we gotta have a different name.

6 Comments:

At 6/13/2008, Blogger Tammi said...

Golden Age Lager?

I'll get workin' on this, I'm not my most creative first thing in the morning. Well, I am. Just not with words. ;-)

And I better call in reinforcements......

 
At 6/13/2008, Blogger That 1 Guy said...

It's an original name. Sure you wanna risk hurting his feelings by rejecting his contribution? ;)

It's too bad that it's not a stout... you coulda tagged it RM's Semicentennial Stout.

Or maybe RM's Quinquagenary Quaff. (That is an "a")

 
At 6/26/2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey... I just wanted to let you know that I ended up keeping Eugene's throw you made him. I couldn't give it to someone else because it still had his smell on it. I was just thinking about you today when I and my son sat on the sofa and covered up in it.

It's been over a year and I can still smell him on that throw.

 
At 8/09/2008, Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

where in the heck are you...

not a good summer for you I know, hope you are safe

 
At 8/09/2008, Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

where in the heck are you...

not a good summer for you I know, hope you are safe

 
At 8/11/2008, Blogger Unknown said...

OK. Was the beer THAT good? So good you can't post a THING for 2 months?!?!?!?!

;-)

miss you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home