Sunday, June 08, 2008

And Then There Were Three

This year has brought much loss to our family. Once again, my mom has lost a sibling, this time a brother. Of the eight children born to my grandparents, only three are left.

Which isn't to say we aren't capable of graveyard humor.

My uncle had almost no lung capacity left and was having more frequent hospital stays. Dying of lung disease is definitely not for sissies. But last weekend, he was almost like his old self, and on Tuesday, he and his wife went out for a few cocktails at Messie's. Uncle got tired and went to the truck while his wife got their take-out, and just....was gone. We should all be so lucky.

But, we have decided what really killed him. He was probably listening to the radio and heard Obama got the nomination, and said, "To hell with this, it's time to go!"

1 Comments:

At 6/13/2008, Blogger Tammi said...

I'm so sorry for your loss, and sorry I'm so late offering this.

But I do have to say, you really have a great legacy in your family. Y'all are funn!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home