Wednesday, April 16, 2008

There Will Come Soft Rains

But hopefully not until tomorrow. Today is supposed to 70 and windy, so I will be a-planting. I have four red raspberry bushes, 1 hydrangea, 1 butterfly bush, gladioloas, sparaxis, and iris and daffodils to put out.

Tomorrow it can rain. I have to finish my Youth Activities program for the State, and now that I have FINALLY gotten the National program, I will have to re-write mine completely. And have it submitted by the 24th.

I have Patriotic Art judging for the State this Saturday, along with my VF*n*W's Draw Down that night. Lord, if you see fit to let me win the $1000, it would be most appreciated.

A month ago, a man from a company that did business with the quarry had called me and asked if I was interested in working for him. I was, but then he never called back. Until Monday. We met yesterday, and he offered me a job...in friggin' DeKalb, of course. Ah well, it's not like I don't know the area.

This would be a bit of a challenge. I have a basic understanding of bookwork, AR and AP, payroll I know nothing about, so the office part will be a learning process. The best part though?? This man, this colleague, knows who I have worked for and understands that I can do more than that. His question to me:"Would you mind spending at least half your time out of the office? Reading blue prints and doing estimates? I know you are capable of doing this."

For someone who sat a desk 10-12 hours a day for 11 years, you can not imagine how tempting that is.

The money is good, the benefits are non-existent at this time. There will be bonuses. Well, at least we have TriCare.

I have much to think about before Friday. I had almost hoped that I could stay home all summer. But...someone thinks enough of my skills to pursue me.

I'll do better thinking if I get dressed and go get my hands dirty.

4 Comments:

At 4/16/2008, Blogger Tammi said...

It's nice when someone values you and your skills, isn't it? And I'm thrilled that this guy got back ahold of you....even if you decide it's not right, it's nice to know someone see's your skills.

Go. Plant. Think. Then lets figure out when we can have that damned lunch before it's too late!!!

 
At 4/16/2008, Blogger Omnibabe said...

Whooohooooooooo!!! So much for needing that resume! Congratulations.

 
At 4/16/2008, Blogger Richmond said...

Yay! Job offers are good things!!

It's waaaaaay to windy here today to plant - I hope you had fun digging in the dirt!

 
At 4/16/2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ma that's great. Even if you don't like it, at least you get to try. I'm happy for you and proud of you :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home