Monday, December 17, 2007

I Loved You Longer





Dan Fogelberg 1951-2007

Update:

I couldn't let this one go unheard.



You know the One Big Love of your life? Maybe the First Big Love? I had one, I think I still do in some ways, although many, many years have passed. I saw him, a little over a year after Eldest Son was born and I was visiting back here in Illinois. We went to a high school basketball game, then drove around, just talking, wondering why "WE" just never got together, why I was married to someone else, and him engaged. And still, you could feel it, that feeling that something important had been missed, something deep and enduring.

1 Comments:

At 12/17/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I hadn't seen this...damn....

Oh, but I do love his music. It tells such beautiful stories....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home