Friday, November 23, 2007

A Day in the Life

Blogging around here has been pretty sporadic, I know. I feel like I may owe some explanation, because I DO enjoy writing, and reading the comments here, but my time is not my own for now.
Aside from having two of the boys deployed, which pegs my stress meter right there, I have taken on way too much responsibility with the Ladies Auxiliary VFW. I have positions at the Auxiliary, District and Department (state) level. I am constantly struggling to keep up and not take time away from my family because of this. VFW was a choice both Old Sarge and I made, because it gave us a chance to help, and we gladly do so. But there are times when it is just too much paperwork and political manuevering. This is one of those times. Add in:
We lost one of our very good Auxiliary members Wednesday. Her visitation and funeral are Saturday. In addidtion to the monthly steak fry we were already committed to on Saturday night, there's that. And a dish to pass.
On Sunday, the Department is coming through for a Dues Drive. At my Post. As membership chairman, guess who's doing lunch?
I have to pick up the Granddaughter at 6 tonight, since Eldest Son can't so it. I need to be In Rochelle getting things ready for the weekend.

AND...and this is a biggie...one of my friends from my former Auxiliary is dying. She had asked me to see her through this. She can't leave the house anymore, so we can't sit and have a drink and smoke at her Post anymore. I need to go see her. I need to be the kind of friend she expects me to be, for her as much as my personal view of myself. I just haven't managed to be three places at once.
And did I mention I have two boys in Iraq?

So, if there's nothing new being posted here, it's not that stuff isn't happening. I'm just a bit overwhelmed at the moment.

6 Comments:

At 11/24/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hang in there, i'm having lots of stress too. it will get better, hopefully, soon

 
At 11/24/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Prayers being sent your way...you have a lot on your plate right now, but you have the grace and dignity to see it through.

 
At 11/25/2007, Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

rest when and if you can....

 
At 11/26/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What ever you need....what EVER you need....just let me know.

Tammi

 
At 11/26/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes much prayers and remember to listen to your heart to find the time you need. At times you will need to choose, at times you may need a break.
Even if it seems like you can't afford a large break, be sure to take the small ones, everyone's soul needs a little refreshing!

You are truly an amazing person!
cj

 
At 11/30/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You do what you have to do and I will be checking in on you often. I enjoy your site. Take care.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home