Friday, December 07, 2007

Hiatus is Over

Well, where to start?

I have missed more work due to illness in December than in the past 10 years. Not an auspicious way to end the year, is it? Whatever it is, I can't get rid of it, and I'm positive my smoking is not helping. Illinois goes smoke-free January 1st. Despite the fact I hate the nanny-state aspect of that, it may be a blessing in disguise.

My Exploder mysteriously decided to puke three wheel bearings to the tune of $1000. Right before Christmas, of course. Needless to say, the tree is up but there are no presents under it at the moment.

My friend Nancy passed away last Saturday. She wanted a party, and we did our best, although I will admit to crying like a little girl at her funeral. The girlfriends all did minitinis (a shot of vodka with an olive) in her honor. To which I promptly puked up- what is it about olives??? They look so yummy to me and I really really want to eat them. Right up to the point that I try to swallow and my gag reflex kicks right in. Blech- snot and olives, what a mess.

So, now that I have all that gloom and despair off my chest, I'll try to get back in the swing of things. Maybe some Trans Siberian Orchestra is in order tonight, with some hot chocolate and Bailey's.

3 Comments:

At 12/07/2007, Blogger Assrot said...

Nah, that orchestra and hot chocolate will just make you sicker. How about listening to some "KISS" (I recommend the first Live Album) and a bottle of "Cold Gin". That will lift your ass and your spirits.

:-)

Joe

 
At 12/09/2007, Blogger Lukie said...

TSO is the cure all, the hot chocolate is just a bonus. Take care feel better.

 
At 12/12/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm very sorry about your friend.

Try Buttershots in your hot chocolate, topped with whipped cream. I love Bailey's, but the Buttershots is really yummy :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home