Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Rant Alert and Things Better Left Unsaid

I have a burr up my ass. A big one. And it's been eating away at me for quite some time now. I just didn't realize how pissed I was until a few weeks ago.

My boss's wife stopped by my office with some promotional material for a project she is involved with, Quilts For Valour. D is very into basket weaving,(insert your own joke here)quilting and other crafts. I was scanning the material when:

D: Since we can't do anything about the President, I wanted to get involved in this.
RM: *blink* Well ,that's nice that you can do something for the soldiers.
D: Of, that's right, you have a boy in the service. Aren't you just sick about it?
RM: I have several. And, no.

That was as polite as I could be. Then a few days ago, one of the drivers asked about my "vacation" and where I had gone.

RM: I went to Ft. Hood to help out one of my sons.
Driver: Is that an Army base?
RM: Yep, it is.
Driver: You've got a son in the Army?
RM: Several.
Driver: My God, woman, you must be scared to death, what with Bush's war and all. He's not going over to that fucking mess, is he?

What drives me nuts about all this is that something I take alot of pride in, having sons that want to serve their country, is the source of pity from others.
What.The.Fuck!!

This happens all the time, and I am fucking tired of it. Take your pity and your Leftist bullshit and shove it up your ass!

I am PROUD of my husband, who served for over 20 years and is very sorry that his war finished too soon and our boys are trying to finish it.

I am PROUD of my boys for the men they have become.

If you can't relate to that, kindly stop trying to talk to me.

5 Comments:

At 7/18/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Maybe you can just smile, and say sweetly, 'Isn't it nice that his being in the military guarantees you the right to say inane fluff with no fear of retaliation?'

 
At 7/19/2007, Blogger Kat said...

ooooh, great answer Mrs. Who! ;)

RagingMom - THANK YOU for your family's service -- we here in Georgia do appreciate it! :)

 
At 7/20/2007, Blogger Debbi (no 'e' on the end) said...

I had to bite my tongue several times last nite as I was working a Street Fair last nite & we are not supposed to be political but I sure wanted to step outside the booth a few times. That's ok....I get my licks in when I'm not representing Operation:Mom. God Bless your sons & thank you all for your service.

 
At 7/20/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, Ragin' Mom, when my computer died, I lost all my bookmarks, but I found you again through sitemeter and put you in my feed. Yes, I'm a dumbass.

Anyway, I just gotta say you're a way nicer woman than me. Fuck them assholes.

Hugs to you and your hubby and your boys!!

 
At 7/23/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't even imagine what it's like to think like those "people".

How messed up do you have to be to think those comments are appropriate?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home