Monday, July 09, 2007

Checking In

Good morning, folks! Blogging live from Liberty Village, Ft. Hood Texas.

It is always an experience for me to travel. Nothing drives home my hick-ness more than negotiating large airports. Surprisingly, I manages DFW with no problem, even used the Sky Link to get to the next gate. One thing that I am sorry I missed was the Welcome Home Greeters that Dallas is famous for. But, on the flight to Killeen, there were almost a dozen soldiers from the 1st Cav coming home for R & R. I tried to visit with a few of them, but honestly, they were too intent on getting home and who can blame them?

It is hot here, and incredibly WET. I didn't picture this part of Texas as being so green, but it is. On my first night here, we went to a place called Jester's. Now, I am a hot wing lover, but I can testify, Jester's Mega-Hot wings are the hottest I have ever had anywhere. Young SGT and I managed three a piece before we depleted a pitcher of Amber Bock. It took fifteen minutes before the pain went away. I thought my heart would stop. Young SGT thought he had an epiphany- I have reconfirmed the existence of Satan.

Yesterday we took the Beloved DIL to the airport for her trip to Germany. I know she is dreading this, and I can only pray it goes well. She lost her mother while they were moving from Georgia to Texas, and I know this is going to be very hard for her.

Today is YOung SGT's first day of physical therapy. I think I may pick up some adult beverages at the commissary today. One of us will need it, I'm sure. Old Sarge has informed me that he has started tearing down the lathe & plaster in the living room. I am afraid- VERY afraid.

Time to check on everyone else- later!

4 Comments:

At 7/09/2007, Blogger Dick said...

Well hell...
Wish I knew you were coming in. We would have met ya at the airport considering we live right off the south runway.

 
At 7/10/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Holy cow do you have a lot going on! Hope Young SGT doesn't come home hating the physical therapist!

 
At 7/13/2007, Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

thank you for the meatloaf, meatloaf is one of my favorites!

 
At 7/14/2007, Blogger Dick said...

Gonna be at my dad's place all day Sunday. Maybe next time.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home