Friday, September 22, 2006

For Elisson

Elisson seems pretty amused by Midwestern pastimes. Northern Illinois is so pretty though, especially this time of year, that there is always something going on. This weekend is the Fall Fest in Tammi's town just down the road a piece, and next weekend is my town's annual Autumn On Parade Festival. Hordes of people descend on my little town like the plague. It is always the weekend of my birthday, so I have a good excuse to drink and ignore it for the most part. There is even a Shad Fly Festival in one of the little towns by the Mississippi. Any excuse for party here in God's Country!

But what got Elisson was this reference to the famous Turkey Testical Festival in Byron. Union St. Station has put this on for 28 years now, and yes, I have partaken in the past. We will be missing it this year since we'll be in Georgia, but it's always a good time.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

There's even a Turkey Testical Festival song!

3 Comments:

At 9/22/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Interesting! I've never been to Illinois, but this is a pretty time of year for many places. Enjoy!

 
At 9/22/2006, Blogger Richmond said...

There's all kinds of fun stuff happening in WI too!

 
At 9/23/2006, Blogger Tammi said...

I will NOT do the Turkey Testicals. I have a theory, a rule as it were, that I will not go into here - but. Turkeys? Yeah, not on my list!

I'm even gonna make sure I don't have to go into town for laundry that day. Between the traffic and the cops....nope. I'll just hang out here in the valley.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home