Friday, May 05, 2006

Happy Cinco De Mayo

When my sisters and I lived in Arizona, this was a biggie for us. Our Cinco de Mayo celebrations were the stuff of legends. Every year our friends would be waiting to see what we would do to top the year before. Authentic food, Dos XX, Tecate, the annual taste test between Sauza Conmemorativa, Cuervo Centennario and Viuda de Romero tequilas....ah, the good old days. Never again will we be seeing my brother-in-law passed out half in, half out of his car with his head near the gutter from projectile tequila vomiting. ( hey- I DID put a blanket on him! ) No more falling off retaining walls, falling into the lake or drunken wanderings through the streets of Phoenix with no shoes on, peeing in people's oleander bushes.

Thank God.

This year, we're having the very traditional fare of steak sandwiches, fried potatoes with onions and pasta salad. If I get really wild and crazy, I might pick up a six pack of my beloved Negra Modela and a lime. It may suck getting older at times, but, trust me, this isn't one of them!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home