Wednesday, April 26, 2006

It Never Ends

I was reading over at Bou's about her self-doubts with parenting. Wish I could give her words of encouragement, but...

My dad has a routine on the weekends; he's up at the crack of dawn, driving into town for his senior Diet Coke at McDonald's and to check out whether we are up and around or not. It's kind of a game, I always call him when I see him drive by. Last Saturday, as his pickup went cruising past the house, I called and wished him good morning. Dad's reply?

"Looks to me like yer raisin' yer family all over again."

Oh- the extra pickup and Explorer out front must have been a dead giveaway.

Guess I didn't do a good enough job the first time.

But honestly....I love having kids in the house again, even if those "kids" are grown men.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home