Monday, May 01, 2006

Now I've Done It

Remember here a week or two ago when I said my back yard was gonna get tidied or heads would roll?

Well, that marginally happened. When my newly arrived son started giving Old Sarge a raft of shit about how bad the house looks, he got pissed. And told ME to shut up. (Memo to males- not a good thing to talk to me that way, unless you LIKE picking your balls out of your tonsils) But, some mowing and straightening up and sweeping did get accomplished- by me. But the fridge and lawn mower still remained.

Now my former Favorite Truck Driver has started a small engine repair business on the side. He was the one who originally tried to fix our mower three years ago, without putting much $ into it. And there it has sat, one maiden voyage and the rust and the bad carburator took over. Since our weather is crap at the moment, I jokingly asked him if since we were having a rain day if he'd want to go pickup the mower.

Oh dear, he did. Right at Old Sarge's lunch hour.

So the lawn mower is gone, Old Sarge is having a grand mal hissy and now all I have to do is get the fridge moved into the spot in the garage where the plow attachment to the mower was.

In my defense, Favorite Driver said he ran it through the car wash before heading home, and he blew out more dead leaves from underneath the mower than he had in his entire yard last fall.

1 Comments:

At 5/01/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! You are cracking me up...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home