Thursday, March 02, 2006

Disturbed

Apologizing before I even begin, but I have had a bad case of Ass this week. It more or less started Sunday, when I called up to my parents' house. Mom almost never calls me, I have to call her,and even though we're 7 miles apart, I just haven't seen the folks much lately. It bothers me because I know my brother and sisters have a much closer relationship with them. At any rate, my nephew answers Mom's phone, and says they left for Mississippi.
Not a word. No "hey we're taking off for a few", nothing. I wasn't even worth a phone call.

So last night we had a Gathering of the Clan for Six-figure Salary Sister's birthday. Mom and Dad had just gotten back, and my husband and I were sitting on either side of my dad. Old Sarge was asking Dad where they had stayed in Mississippi, and Dad turned to me and asked, "What was the name of that town?"

I think he thought I was Mom.

I'm having a lot of conflicted emotions right now. I'm scared because my dad is failing so much lately, I'm pissed as hell that my mom makes me feel, no, excuse me, I perceive disapproval from my mom, real or imagined.

3 Comments:

At 3/03/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome to the land of being cut off! You and I can start a club.

 
At 3/03/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Whats wrong with pop?

 
At 3/03/2006, Blogger Tammi said...

I'm sorry. I'm right there with you and it's a very hard place to be....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home