Monday, January 30, 2006

Wanderlust

Been thinking an awful lot lately about moving. Not just me, Old Sarge seems to have been bitten by the same bug.
Having been born and raised here in Northern Illinois, I couldn't wait to get the hell away from here. Then after spending 18 years in the Southwest, I decided it was too damn hot and moved back. There was really more to it than that, alot of it to do with family, but since then, I've never seriously considered moving. Our parents are getting older, all of my siblings are here and then, the granddaughter, boy, I don't know if I could really leave.
Funny how when I finally get to a point in life where slowing down and settling in is perfectly acceptable, and expected, the urge comes around to pick up and start over again in a new place we haven't been to before. Down South, of all places!

Would you? So many people it would be hard to leave, yet I want to go before I no longer can.

3 Comments:

At 1/30/2006, Blogger Tammi said...

6 months ago I would have said HELL YES, I would if I could.

Now? I can't believe I'm saying this - but no. I wouldn't.

Quick!! Someone call a doctor!! ;-)

 
At 1/30/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

By down South, do you mean hell? I thought you were going anyway!!! OHHHHH BURN!

Sorry it's all that being around HS kids all day :)

 
At 1/30/2006, Blogger garfield said...

down south like GA? ;)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home