Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Gun Envy

My brother and I never made it across the bridge after work last night- the call of The Swamp was too powerful even for big guy like him. I called Old Sarge to come over, and we sat for while just talking. I mentioned that Winchester was going out of business, something neither of my gun fanatic men had heard, and told my husband I thought it would be a good idea for him to pick up a rifle, at the very least for investment purposes, but mostly for the legend and the legacy.

Do you understand what I said? I gave him carte blanch to buy a gun!!! Wouldn't you think that would elevate me to Ultimate Best Wife Status? Feh!! All he did was snort out his beer(alcohol abuse!)when my brother was kind enough to tell him how much he'd sell one of his Winchester's for.

Contagion has a post up about his new acquisition, and it's a beauty. I'm thinking, for his own good you understand, that Old Sarge is getting a Winchester for his birthday.

1 Comments:

At 1/25/2006, Blogger Contagion said...

There are still some new ones out there. Unfortunately I was only able to find 4 in Rockford and Ktreva bought one of them for me.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home