Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Kindred Soul

Stopped by The Reality Ranch to see what St. Ktreva (hey, being married to
Contagion has GOT to qualify you for sainthood!) has been up to. Seems the
Home Improvement Bug has bitten her too. Oh, how I wish a little wallpaper and light fixtures would fix the train wreck that I call my home.

I have an obscene amount of paneling in the house. I know 30 years ago, this was an inexpensive and easy way for my aunt to cover the many sins of lathe and plaster, but Good Lord! I have paneling in the living room, kitchen, bathroom- it's everywhere!! My husband did dry wall the pantry, but left all the trim work for a later date. That was four years ago and I'm still waiting.

My questions are:
Is replacing my walls something I can do on my own?
And since I do have that awful shit underneath the paneling, would the correct way to deal with it be to tear it out completely before drywalling?

I fear I will go mad if this paneling doesn't go away. And don't tell me a sledge hammer and offending walls won't go a long way to helping my anger management.

1 Comments:

At 1/24/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I bought my grandparents house about a year ago... There is paneling through out the house. I have painted over all of it... Looks GREAT!!! I am very pleased with the way it turned out... looks more modern now instead soooo... "back in the day"...

BTW... you are such a sweetie!

Good Luck with the ole' remodeling!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home