Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Happy Birthday Princess!

Twenty-three years ago today, I was standing in my kitchen in Mesa, AZ talking to my mom, making her crazy because I wouldn't go to the hospital yet. Having some pretty damn impressive contractions too, but I was holding out until I couldn't stand it anymore. Mom had just driven from Illinois the day before to help with the boys, who were three and one at the time, and definitely a handful. So far, the hose on the washer had broken, flooding the dining room and kitchen, just in time for the boys to come in covered in sand from their sandbox, and slide all over the floor. I'm sure Mom was close to forbiding me to ever reproduce again.

But a few hours later, she was looking at the most perfect little girl any of us had ever seen, her first granddaughter.

Fast forward, and this little girl has the looks and height of a Valkyrie, is finishing up her student teaching and will be graduating from Northern Arizona University in May. My God, where has the time gone?

Happy birthday, honey! And thank you for all the joy and happiness you've brought to us.

Image hosting by Photobucket

2 Comments:

At 1/25/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Mommy :)

 
At 1/25/2006, Blogger Contagion said...

Is that Mike Ditka? If not it sure looks like him.

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home