Friday, January 13, 2006

Night Meanderings

Ever wake up more tired than when you went to bed because your mind is just not shutting down along with your body? I had one of those times last night, where the dreams are so vivid you wake up with your heart pounding and are afraid to go back to sleep. In the first dream, I murdered someone and went to great lengths to cover it up, only to have it all unravel. Just before I got caught, the ghost of the person I murdered (my Girl Scout troop leader!!) told me to wake up before things got out of hand.
Then I got caught up in some Lord of the Rings story; running around hither and nigh with Gandalf until we finally came to Rivendell, which looked suspiciously like a Motel 6. As we approached a sliding glass door, a demon cat that had been lurking by it let out a loud screech and the alarm went off.

I don't really recommend having pizza for dinner and falling asleep to CSI.

I seem to have a wide variety of places I visit when I sleep, places my sunconscious seems to be at home with. There's the "Double House", a huge, sprawling one story home that mirrors itself- walk through the doors in the middle, and the entire house plan reverses itself. There's the beach house with its festering swimming pool out back. I'm always trying to clean the pool, but everytime I go back there, it's green and murky. My favorite is the "Old Lady's House", a huge three story wreck on an overgrown lot. In the center of the house is a sweeping spiral staircase. The bottom two floors are gorgeous, very Victorian, but I'm not allowed on the third floor. The "old lady" has hidden all her valuables up there, and it's unsafe.
All these places I have dreamt about repeatedly, but none really resemble anyplace I've actually been to. I have a feeling if I ever had to "go talk to someone", they'd have a field day with me.

3 Comments:

At 1/13/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah... I'm thinking that you're a bit off... :)

I don't dream of houses, it's usually landscapes. And I don't name them, either.

Best of luck to you... ;)

 
At 1/13/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and you say I have fucked up dreams

 
At 1/13/2006, Blogger Contagion said...

The landscaping I do is on my Wife, Angie Harmon, My wife, Heather Graham, My wife, Adriana Limia, My wife, Kathy Ireland, My wife, Nicole Kidman, My wife and My Wife... And by landscaping I mean... wel you know.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home