Thursday, November 17, 2005

Oh it's not that cold

Despite what comments that Contagion and Grau left at
Tammi's yesterday, it is flippin' cold outside. My car thermometer read 13 degrees on the way to work this morning. To paraphrase Larry the Cable Guy, that's cold, I don't care who you are.
Thankfully, Bob had not left the AC on in our office all night, so I had hardly any frost on my monitor. The boys outside weren't having such a great time of it though. The little Carhartt Bundles of Joy were serenading me with the sounds of fitful diesel engines trying to turn over, frantic searches for blow torches and general Very Bad Language. It's hard to tell who is who, they are so...bulky. Hang in there, guys, I'll keep the coffee on all day today.

In my constant quest to quit smoking everyday, I have my own self-imposed No Smoking Zones. Smoking in the house is one of them, so if I absolutely have myself convinced that I can't get in the shower without the nicotine ritual, it's out to the porch for me. As I stood out there around 03:30 this morning in my slippers and The Hideous Plaid Robe, I was pretty confidant that all burning of the tobacco is going to have to cease, and soon.

3 Comments:

At 11/17/2005, Blogger That 1 Guy said...

That wind last night really sucked... it felt like it was cutting right through you. I had to go get my Carhartt.

Hey, if it takes freezin' your ass off to convince you to finalize your smoking, it's a good thing. Luck to ya.

 
At 11/17/2005, Blogger Contagion said...

I was standing on my front porch smoking cigarettes in shorts. It wasn't that cold.

Just wait until January if you think this is cold.

 
At 11/18/2005, Blogger Tammi said...

I'm down to 2 cigarettes during working hours. And those aren't even full ones.

Oh and Thank You. I feel vindicated. ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home