Tuesday, November 08, 2005

I Apologize

I owe T1G a huge apology. My lost post was really due to my unfamiliarly with Blogspot, plus he's just such a sweetheart, he's helping me with links and whatnot. This may look like a blog yet.

Though Halloween has passed, I find I still have a fascination with graveyards. There is one near my house that was horribly vandalized this summer. I think I'll take a walk and see how the repairs are coming. The walk itself is enough to scare the bejebus out of you if it starts getting dark. A friend of mine was hit by a car right in front of it when we were in junior high. The place is set off the road a little ways and it's heavily wooded back there. Hilly, too:
Riverview Cemetery

I can remember a whole lot of years ago, Dad had to replace some of the retaining walls in the old, old section. The erosion had gotten so bad, he accidently hit a very small coffin with the backhoe. Must have been that of a baby or small child. This cemetery was started when people first began settling here, at least the early 1800's. Guess it's high time I stopped by and said "Hey" to Grandma Gail anyway.

1 Comments:

At 11/09/2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Apology accepted...

That cemetery looks cool... I'm going to have to stop by sometime.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home