Thursday, November 10, 2005

Happy Birthday Marines!

I almost forgot that today is the 230th birthday of the United States Marine Corps. So to my Marine family and friends- make Chesty proud today!
T1G
Eric
1SGT Michael Fay
CPL Robert Preston
CPT Karl Myers
And MSGT Mark Winget, most of all. Five years ago, Sarge and I were having a hell of day, celebrating the 225th birthday, and remembering his daughter, Major Sandra Jellison, who had passed away a year before. I would give anything to do that again, but time takes it toll on us all. Unfortunately, I don't think Sarge would know me if I were to show up on his back porch with a case of Busch Light. I miss his stinkin' cigars, and I miss my friend. God bless the Chosin Few, and MSGT Winget.

2 Comments:

At 11/10/2005, Blogger That 1 Guy said...

Thanks, Marty!

Just so you know... the link for Eric in this post is messed up...

 
At 11/10/2005, Blogger ma content said...

Thanks, Joe. Damn, I NEED that new keyboard!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home