Wednesday, November 23, 2005

I Need Help

Looking at the post title, there's probably a few of you having a "no shit" moment. But this is for real- I have a problem, in a good way.
For the last few years, my VFW Auxiliary has been sending out care packages to armed forces personnel stationed in Iraq or Afghanistan. The local school kids have been great with collecting items and helping us pack up boxes. This morning I got a call that the 7th & 8th graders in Kings have spent three months collecting things for care packages, which is outstanding! My problem? Everyone we HAD been sending to is either stateside, out of the service or, like my son, not able to receive mail for Christmas because he's coming home soon.
So...does anyone know of a soldier, sailor or Marine in need of some TLC for the holidays? Anyone just deployed for OIF4 or OEF? They don't necessarily have to be Illinois kids, either. I've sent an email to
Soldiers Angels also, but I'll gladly take addresses. I really don't want to disppoint these school kids.

OH! And never, NEVER give out personal information on military personnel to anyone- me included- unless you know that they are the real deal.

1 Comments:

At 11/23/2005, Blogger That 1 Guy said...

Forwarding an e-mail to you...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home