Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Dust to Dust to Dust...

Really.

How did I ever find time to work??

Yesterday I went and filed for unemployment. What I thought would take up most of my morning took a grand total of fifteen minutes tops. The irony is, I will be making just slightly less than I was for a 45 hour week during the slow season, without the three fill ups for the Explorer. Sweet! I am finally getting paid for living! AND...since I am a displaced person, i.e. the company sold, I can probably take classes to crosstrain in another profession if I need to.

Unfortunately, that will have to wait until I pull up the carpet in the upstairs hallway- a nasty gold shag circa 1960- and then remove the linoleum tile circa 1940. God only knows what is underneath THAT!

Old Sarge is still nervous because I am at home every day, but now it is more that he is being fed too well- chocolate chip cookies, reubens, homemade potato soup...ah well, I am sure he will man up and endure it.

2 Comments:

At 3/19/2008, Blogger That 1 Guy said...

chocolate chip cookies, reubens, homemade potato soup...

If he can't endure that, you can give him a break and head out here!

 
At 3/20/2008, Blogger garfield said...

i take some cookies of your hands too! :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home