Thursday, February 21, 2008

2008 was Supposed to be Better?

I swear, I am very close to just throwing in the towel on alot of things, this blog included.

I can't begin to tell you what a wonderful weekend I had in Springfield with the Voice of Democracy contestants.

I wouldn't know where to start about the pain of watching the person dearest to you deal with the loss of a parent. And the feeling of helplessness that goes along with it. AND...the knowledge that the day is coming, hopefully not for a very long time, when I will have to go through that very thing.

My dear Aunt Judy died very suddenly on Tuesday. We were close- Old Sarge and I bought her house when she retired and moved to Arizona 6 years ago. That same afternoon, my mom was taken to emergency with chest pains. Her EKG was fine, and maybe it was just the cabbage soup, but still...

So I am numb, and sick. I know I should go to the doctor, but I can't bring myself to do it. More bad news, (like "What do you expect after 30 years of smoking?") is not something I can handle right now.

4 Comments:

At 2/21/2008, Blogger Richmond said...

Oh my - prayers are on the way for you and yours. I am so very sorry for your pain and loss.

 
At 2/21/2008, Blogger Tammi said...

OK.

I'm here. I'm not goin' to Mama Vi's this weekend.

If. You. Need. Me. - to talk, yell at, just sit with - CALL ME!

If you need my cell phone number, shoot me an email and I'll get it to you.

Meanwhile, y'all are in my prayers. I won't give you a bunch of empty platitudes, just know it does get better. I promise. And friends/loved ones are here to get us through the hard part......

 
At 2/21/2008, Blogger Omnibabe said...

Big hugs. Lots of big hugs.

 
At 2/22/2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

call me if you need to, i know i'm not much of a help so far away, but if you want to talk.....

 

Post a Comment

<< Home