Friday, January 18, 2008

The Doctor's Visit

Hate going to the doctor. Hate it, hate it, hate it! But my knee has been causing so much agony, I finally sucked it up and went. And you know what?

It wasn't nearly as bad as I thought!

When I had my right knee fixed over two years ago, Dr. G had to switch mid-surgery from a cartilege repair to removal, the damage was that bad. Thank God I didn't wait as long this time to go, because surgery is off the table for now, and he gave me some interesting options. We're going to start with the steroid injection I got yesterday, and if that doesn't help, there is a procedure to inject fluid into the knee that acts as a shock absorber and helps reduce pain.

The REALLY great part is that I asked if that procedure would benefit my right knee also, and he says it will. So if that's the route we go, I get both knees fixed! Yippee!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home