Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Rant Alert

Jack Army has a post up today that everyone needs to read.

Go read it, right now.

And now I’m going to say a few things that might cost me what few readers I have; so be it.

I am not pro-war. No one in their right mind thinks of war as a desirable condition. My husband is still subject to recall and we have two boys still in the Army. War scares the bejesus out of me. Like so many other parents, we get to live day to day wondering when the “when”, not the “if” of another deployment is going to happen. The worry you have while they are gone, the happiness and yes, guilt you feel when your kid makes it home okay, and the heart-wrenching sorrow you feel for the ones who don’t…yes, I hate war.

But there are things I hate worse.

I hate that 241 Marines, sailors and soldiers were killed on October 23, 1983 in Beirut.

I hate that 19 airmen were killed on June 25, 1996 at Khobar Towers.

I hate that 17 sailors were killed on October 12, 2000 when the U.S.S. Cole was bombed.

I hate that Islamic terrorists have felt free to attack our citizens with impunity and little chance of retribution for YEARS, and I am thankful that on October 7, 2001, we were able to stand up as a nation and say, “that’s about enough of this bullshit.”

I think of your hatred of our Commander-In-Chief exceeds your hatred of the filthy fucking bastards who would have no second thoughts about separating your head from your body, YOU are the one who has a problem. I not only question your patriotism, I question your sanity.

And just as a final piss-off, I think George W. Bush is a decent, honorable man making some very hard decisions in a world gone crazy.

Thank you, and have a lovely day.

2 Comments:

At 2/27/2007, Blogger Tammi said...

I'm standing right here beside you RM - on every one of those points..

 
At 2/27/2007, Blogger Silentwarrior said...

Ooooh-fricking-Rah RM! Way to motivate the piss outta me!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home