Friday, December 08, 2006

What Was I Thinking?

The VFW’s annual Kids Christmas Party is this Sunday. I look forward to this every year, it’s a hoot. We have a bunch of different games for them to play. One is “ice fishing”- three big panels painted as a winter shoreline, and a box big enough to put someone inside as the fishing hole. Kids drop their line in the hole and reel in a present. Another biggie is the cakewalk. I thought cakewalks had gone the way of the dinosaur, but the kids love this. Old Sarge is in charge of this, and this year he has a helper, SPC Sara, who has been back from Iraq for a year now. Santa and Mrs. Claus will come and hand out presents.

And me? I am in charge of the craft table. Last year we made a lot of felt ornaments. I have learned my lesson, and this year I ordered NOTHING that involved any glue. I ordered different bracelets, necklaces, etc. for the kids to make for gifts, and we’ll be putting stickers and doing stamping on bags to put them in. Stuff like this:

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Cute, huh?

So maybe someone can tell me what in the name of all I hold Holy made me think that THIS was a good idea????

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Little tiny beads for little tiny fingers. When I opened the box to make sure I had everything I ordered and looked at these little packages full of seed pearls, I immediately had visions of Santa slipping and falling on little beads that were bouncing all over the floor. Maybe each kid will get a bowl to hold their crafting stuff in. And I will be stuck in Bifocal Hell for two hours.

Maybe next year I can sit in the ice pond.

2 Comments:

At 12/08/2006, Blogger Tammi said...

Ok, It's my fault. You don't know where I work do you? You don't know that our main products are kits for kids - minus glue. Damn, I knew I should have called you.

Next year? Next year you let me know and I'll hook you up. It's for the VFW, I'm thinkin' it would be my honor.

Damn, sorry RM....

 
At 12/08/2006, Blogger ma content said...

I did know that, actually, just didn't make the connection. The time of year, you know?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home