Monday, December 04, 2006

Dug Out

A mere 14" of snow- pfft! Enough to keep me home on Friday, but not enough to dissuade the mighty hunter. Who got nothing the rest of the weekend, just so you know. I made cheesy potato soup and homemade bread for any stray hunter or snowplower that made their way to my front door.

What I DID get accomplished was pulling all the lights off my prelit Christmas tree. These things are crocks of shit; I don't know why they even market them. When we bought it last year, seven of the nine strands worked, and this was brand new! This year, after sitting undisturbed in the basement, only two of nine worked. Won't have to worry about it again, thought, those suckers are history.

And I got to spend lots of quality time with the granddaughter. Amazing how much she talks for not quite two. Like,"Mema, spilled milk" or"Mema, I pooped". Lovely. And who could pass up "who lives in a pineapple under the sea" for hours on end?

3 Comments:

At 12/04/2006, Blogger Richmond said...

Oh I hear you about the tree. I just spent 20 minutes trying to get a strand on our pre-lit *lit* and the damn thing is still dark.

Grrrr....

 
At 12/04/2006, Blogger garfield said...

that's why we'll have a real one

 
At 12/05/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ma,
Can you call me in the morning with Diane's #? I want to maybe make a calendar like she made for everyone last year for Nick's family. No idea how to do that!
-Princess :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home