Monday, November 20, 2006

Holiday Blues

I (we) have made a decision regarding Thanksgiving. Up until the last few years, we have had Thanksgiving dinner at my mom & dad's house. Now one or the other of my youngest sisters has it, and to be honest, I am not as close with the twins as I am my other sisters or my brother. Add to that, I am not very fond of one of my nephews. The last time he was over at my house (at Halloween) he hollered VERY loudly OUTSIDE "Aunt Raging, do you still do drugs?"

Where in the hell did THAT come from? Suffice it to say, the last time I partook, his MOTHER wasn't old enough to remember, much less him. Makes you wonder what gets said behind your back. My sister tried to pass it off that he equates smoking with drug use. Nice what they teach these kids.

So...I just don't want to go. I want to go to the VF*n*W in the morning and drink Tom and Jerry's
Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

not THOSE, THESE:
24 eggs
1/2 jigger rum
2 lb powdered sugar
1/2 jigger brandy
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 cup boiling water
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 oz vanilla
To make the batter: beat egg whites stiff with electric beator. Add sugar gradually. Add cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla. Add in half of the eggs yolks, and blend until smooth.
In a large mug fill with 1/2 batter, 2 shots of [60% rum and 40% brandy]. Balance with boiling hot water.

...anyway, drink a few Tom & Jerry's until I am warm and glowing, go home and eat my own damn turkey dinner so that I have my own damn turkey leftovers, and then blissfully nap the afternoon away.

I think I have aged enough that I may add "cantankerous" to my resume`.

2 Comments:

At 11/20/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What in the hell?? He should ask his mother if she's still a pyromaniac. I don't really have much on her, just her heightened pleasure in lighting things on fire.

 
At 11/21/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Gah.

Can I come?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home