Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Workus Interruptus

Question:

How do you handle that constantly interrupt you?

Chica has a very bad habit of interrupting me with questions, no matter what I happen to be doing. Hint: what I am doing is always more important. Today, I had two drivers at my desk, trying to get their loads straightened out, and Chica butts in to ask me a product code that she damn sure should know after working here this long. I probably shouldn't have thrown her back in her seat and slapped her around so hard, but damn, it felt good.

Oh. Wait. That was an inside-my-head thing. Sorry.

So...what would you do?

4 Comments:

At 8/09/2006, Blogger garfield said...

tell her while you're talking to people or you're on the phone - no interruption. otherwise suggest that she may want to start a list with stuff to remember?????

 
At 8/09/2006, Blogger Richmond said...

Hold up one finger and indicate that you will be with her in just a moment.

Then later, tell her this:

Es muy importante que tu no me interrumpe cuando trabajo con alguien. Si tu tienes una pregunta, por favor espera hasta que yo no esté ocupado preguntarlo.

It is important that you do not interrupt me when I am working with someone. If you have a question, please wait until I am not busy to ask it.

~~ or this ~~

Pare molestarme o usted no trabajará aquí ya.

Stop botherring me or you will not work here anymore.

OR you could just smack her. Good luck!

 
At 8/09/2006, Blogger Tammi said...

What Richmond said.

EXACTLY!!!

:-)

 
At 8/10/2006, Blogger ma content said...

Richmond, if all that tried to come out of my mouth, in the words of my dear father, "You do and you'll clean it up!"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home