Monday, June 26, 2006

Khobar Towers

June 25, 1996

Old Sarge was watching TV in his apartment in Dharain, Saudi Arabia with a friend when the plywood that covered his patio doors, and subsequently the glass, blew inward. The plywood pinned his friend to floor, knocking him unconscious. Old Sarge got him up and over his shoulder, shredding his bare feet on broken glass, and carried him 9 floors down.

Once outside, Old Sarge could see the devastation of the building just ahead and to the right of his building. The whole front of the building had been blown away. He was one of the lucky ones- glass cuts all over, and glass shards in his ear, but still in one piece. Nineteen other airmen were not as lucky.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

2 Comments:

At 6/27/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lots of stuff is going on... NAU is trying to fuck me in the ass without lube but I'm not letting them!!!

 
At 6/30/2006, Blogger Rude1 said...

Give old sarge a beer for me; my squadron was there that day, we had several injured but (thank God) no deaths. I was not on that deployment but knew far to many that were. I'm glad he was there to help his friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home