Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Headed South

Well, the VF*n*W Convention starts tomorrow, and Old Sarge and I will be heading to Peoria. My Americanism program speech is written. And that's all I have done.

Gown borrowed from sister- check
What is floor length on her is tea length on me- shit
Strapless black bra for gown- are you KIDDING me? - shit
appropriate sandals- shit

Trophies picked up- check
Trophies unpacked and checked for names- SHIT! Half of the kids trophies are wrong.
Begging Old Sarge to drive back to Freeport and get new name plates- check
This costing me in a ...ahem...conjugal type of way- shit!
(sorry, kids, TMI)

Big blue storage container on wheels to carry trophies and love gifts- check
Everything fits?- shit

So, I'm not packed, no idea what I'm taking for clothes, at least a dozen errands to run tonight. Then a weekend full of meetings, meetings, dinner, more meetings, drinking, throw in another meeting....some people have fun at these things, I am told.

Pffftt! See ya Monday!!!

1 Comments:

At 6/21/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good Luck and try to have fun! Calm and remember to breatheeee...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home