Monday, June 19, 2006

From The Weekend

Old Sarge made it home from South Carolina intact. Apparently the youngest's wedding was everything I thought it would be- a bunch of 18 year olds running around like...18 year olds. Youngest and Child Bride have taken off for Ft. Campbell, where they have 1) no furniture or household goods, 2) she has no job or school applications and 3) they have no place to live. Youngest has been living in the barracks, and you cannot apply for base housing until AFTER you are married. Which is usually an ordeal unto itself, but hey! What do I know?

Except for working on Saturday, my weekend was lovely. Just hung out at home with Oldest Son and the Heiress, watching movies. Flight 93 was just gut wrenching, I recommend that for everyone, no matter how hard it is to watch. We also watched The Anchorman and The Ringer, and I am going to Hell because I laughed at Johnny Knoxville.

Sat out on the front porch with an ice tea, watching the first lightening bugs I've seen this year. Watched my tomato plants grow before my eyes, the garden immaculately weeded, my flower beds choked with grass. Nuts- have to get on that.

Just lovely.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home