Friday, June 02, 2006

In Perspective

From one of my daily favorites, Tanker Brothers,:

I leave you with this, America: we're in a War. It's a Long War. It's a War that will be either our greatest victory, or our greatest defeat. The War we fight today, this Long War, will define who we are as a nation, and what our place will be on the world stage for generations to come. The future of Western Civilization rests on the outcome of this conflict.

And we'd really like to have you on our side.

Please read the whole thing.

Old Sarge had made the comment to one of our sons a few weeks ago that he, and his generation now serving in the armed forces, are his heroes. This from a man who spent 23 years in himself. My son and I were picking up dinner at the VF*nW this week, (thank God for Taco Tuesday!) and I introduced him to this Post’s Commander. The Commander thanked my boy for his service, and then quizzed him pretty good on his views of The Long War. I have to say, I was so proud of the way he answered. Looked the man straight in the eye and said, “I support it completely”, gave his reasons why and then told about his friend Adam that was killed while they were there. Damn. This from the boy who used to come home on leave and fall in love with every stripper he met.

I am so proud of every one of these kids who serve today. They absolutely amaze me.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home