Tuesday, May 30, 2006

Of All The Hare-Brained Things...

Again, sometimes Life just throws you a curve, and things that you had no intention of doing one moment become fact the next.

We bought a boat.

We have never talked about getting a boat. Not once. My major purchase this summer was going to be paint for the house. Not a boat. I have three sisters and a brother that have boats, and they are much more affluent. Why would we even NEED a boat?

No clue, but we sure as hell have one now.

I haven't found Old Sarge his yachting hat yet, but I'm sure I will soon. Hmm. Old Sarge has been Army, then Air Force. Now a mariner???

7 Comments:

At 5/30/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

what the hell? a boat? sheesh, some inner tubes and a small outboard motor (from your broke lawnmower) would suit you just fine :)

 
At 5/30/2006, Blogger ma content said...

Shush! If you were paying attention, there IS NO MORE broke lawnmower. Ergo, there is more room for junk in the driveway.

This was supposed to be incentive for children visiting/spending more time with the 'rents.

 
At 5/31/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOL! Did you buy or did he buy or did you both buy or did it just show up in the driveway... or was it just a surprise? ;)

 
At 6/01/2006, Blogger ma content said...

Um, we both did it, and honest! A minimum of alcohol was involved!

 
At 6/01/2006, Blogger Tammi said...

Woo Hoo.

A boat.

And I'm stayin'!!!

BTW - did I ever mention I make a great crew?!? ;-)

Congrats!! AND enjoy!!

 
At 6/01/2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, whatever floats your boat...

Heheheheh...

 
At 6/02/2006, Blogger proud fan said...

Great blog you have here -- found it while surfing today! I've got a blog of mil support and I am always on the lookout for milblogs and fellow mil supporters! Have a great day and keep up the good work on the blog!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home