Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Crappy Holidays

"Precipitation has entered into your area of concern."

Some years ago, my company purchased its own weather satellite so that we could track weather better. This summer, I updated the equipment to include new features like a lightning detector, very important when with all the metal around here, it's like working in a lightning rod, not to mention all the explosives. One feature that I hadn't known was included was...the damn thing TALKS!! I'm sitting here by myself at 5 a.m., and this little computer-generated voice is telling me the EXTREMELY obvious, that we are probably going to get buried in snow today.

In case you were wondering, no, it does not respond to profanity.

2 Comments:

At 12/14/2005, Blogger That 1 Guy said...

Buried...

I still haven't got my drive cleaned out from the last snow(s). I've gotta get me someone to plow it out.

 
At 12/15/2005, Blogger Contagion said...

We barely received any snow where I was at. It's awfully nice of the company to make sure that the visually impared would still be able to know what the weather is.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home