Monday, November 28, 2005

We Get By With A Little Help...

Sometimes the sweetest things can happen from something you are dreading, you know? On Sunday morning, I had to be at the VFW Post bright and early to do breakfast and membership round-up for some Department of Illinois high and mighty officers. I was really hating this, since I have done it for the 6th District for three years in a row now. The turnout was lousy as usual; really, you can't expect ladies from Galena, Savanna, Hanover, etc. to come to Rochelle at 9:00 on a Sunday morning. But, my morning efforts were redeemd when one of the officers asked me if I knew of any soldiers that would need Christmas care packages.

(**perk*perk**)

I hope Matt doesn't mind me passing some names on; organizations like the VFW and its Auxiliaries know enough to only use names and addresses within their own structure. I'm a firm believer that love, much like time and patience, is better multiplied than divided.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home