Friday, November 25, 2005

Fractured Fairy Tale, Part II

“Hey, who’s the guy in that G*D awful bowling shirt?”

I couldn’t believe what I was seeing. Walking into Fritz’s is a guy wearing what looked to be a retro-50’s bowling shirt, and green and gold kilt adorned with a “G”. But his head! It looked vaguely familiar- a large, gaseous green appendage with a fu manchu mustache. T1G slowly turned around on his barstool, then clamped his hand over my mouth before I could say anything else.
“Shhh! Don’t let him hear that! That’s
Contagion!
Contagion was followed into the bar a small svelte blonde, who I would have hated immediately for just those reasons had I not been losing consciousness from T1G’s hand covering almost my whole face. Damn, she even had Celtic Knot earrings. I coveted in silence.
“Er, let’s all move to a table, okay?”, T1G said nervously.
We made our way through to a table in the back. Contagion immediately started pounding on it, yelling, “Whiskey! Now!” Fritz showed up at his elbow with said whiskey, neat. Not knowing quite what to do, I stood up to introduce myself.
“Quiet, minion! I am the All-knowing and All-Powerful Contagion, this is my wife Ktreva and I have not given you permission to speak!”
I hastily sat back down, shooting a confused look at T1G, who just shrugged and ordered another Amber. Thankfully, the awkwardness of the moment was relieved by the arrival of Tammi. Finally! I would get to meet her! All my prior imaginings were dispelled in a minute as she positively glided into Fritz’s as if walking on air. Hmm, hadn’t expected the tiara, either. But I stood up to give her a hug anyway, and was poked in the chest by her wand.
“Are you a good witch, or a bad witch?” Tammi said.

This whole meeting was getting stranger by the minute.

To be continued...

3 Comments:

At 11/25/2005, Blogger ma content said...

AND...before Contagion says ONE word, he started out having a bone through his nose and shrunken heads on his belt before I went off on this tangent. So, ya know, it coulda been worse!

 
At 11/25/2005, Blogger Tammi said...

LOL!! Oh. My. Goodness.

Actually you nailed the description of Contagion pretty well *ducking and running* And Yes - Ktreva is a svelte beauty.

But let's talk about this tiara and wand - shall we?! I'm tall enough without that!

And I already know which witch you are. ;-)

 
At 11/28/2005, Blogger Contagion said...

That wasn't a retro 50's bowling shirt! That was a retro 70's racing shirt... thank you very much.

And who are you calling gasious?!?!?!

As for Tammi being a witch... yea... that's true. But if you think she's regal, you should meet Teresa. Teresa made me kiss her ring.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home