Monday, November 12, 2007

November is for Veterans

First of all, let me thank everyone who participated in the Valour-IT fundraiser. The person who was the highest bidder on my quilt has a very special place in my heart, and although I do not know her, must be a truly wonderful person. All I can say is that the recipient of my quilt is going to be very happy.

I sincerely hope everyone was able to thank a veteran this Sunday. They deserve our thanks everyday. This past week, it was really brought home to our family how tragic life can be at times, and deployments add alot of misery to an already heartbreaking situation. For those that know, thank you for your prayers, and Tammi, thank you for being such a good friend.

Now.

This entire week, starting on Veterans Day, is National Veterans Awareness Week. So if you missed doing something special for a veteran yesterday, hey! You've got ALL WEEK! Send a package overseas, drop off some gourmet coffee to a recruiting station, visit a vet in a nursing home, hell the possibilities are endless!

November 18th-24th is National Military Family Week. You know the routine!

2 Comments:

At 11/13/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ahhh thank you for the kind words RM. But hush now, people are gonna start thinkin' I'm actually a nice person.........

Tammi

 
At 11/13/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Did you like the pictures from Saturday? -Princess

 

Post a Comment

<< Home