Wednesday, October 24, 2007

The Next Big Thing

My employment situation is tenuous at best at the moment. I've had to give alot of thought about what comes next in my life, what changes to make, how to face a future that has many unknowns right now.

Then the underwire in my bra broke, and I had an epiphany. Two, actually, but one that was of a creative nature. The other was just PAINFUL.

See, with our weather getting cooler, I've been moving the warmer clothes to a more prominent spot. Turtlenecks are a staple for me and like loose clothing, I have the (totally mistaken) idea that they hide my ample attributes. And it hit me-

What about a reinforced turtleneck? Just like I have underwire for my gravity-surrendering boobs, why not a shirt with a stiffer collar to restore my neck to its Audrey Hepburn-esque proportions? Surely there are millions of mature women like myself that would endure a little discomfort to trade in their turkey wattle for a jawline again.

I'm eagerly waiting some financial backing for this. Any minute now....

3 Comments:

At 10/24/2007, Blogger Rachelle Jones said...

ya know...I love turtlenecks..love them.
sorry to hear about wokr, this is not good to deal with when you already have about 100 irons int he fire...

keep the faith, and since i gotcha in my prayers already, I will add a little!

 
At 10/24/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Brilliant. Good luck with that. ;-)

Tammi

 
At 10/28/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I understand the job situation. We have been self employeed for 18 years and things are not looking good. I hope things work out for the both of us. (did that sound selfish?)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home