Wednesday, October 17, 2007

Fasten your seatbelts, it's going to be a bumpy night!

SPECIAL WEATHER STATEMENT NATIONAL WEATHER SERVICE CHICAGO IL 1121 AM CDT WED OCT 17 WED OCT 17 2007/ ...SEVERE THUNDERSTORMS LIKELY THURSDAY AFTERNOON... AN INTENSIFYING STORM SYSTEM CURRENTLY IN THE PLAINS WILL SURGE NORTHEAST INTO THE MID AND UPPER MISSISSIPPI RIVER VALLEY THURSDAY. STRENGTHENING WINDS WILL DRAW MOISTURE FROM THE GULF AND HELP DESTABILIZE THE AREA TONIGHT. SHOWERS AND THUNDERSTORMS SHOULD START DEVELOPING TONIGHT AS THE FIRST WAVE ROTATES THROUGH THE AREA AS A WARM FRONT. THESE FIRST STORMS ARE NOT LIKELY TO BE SEVERE CONSIDERING THE TIME OF DAY AND WEAKER AVAILABLE ENERGY. BEHIND THIS FIRST WAVE...STORMS SHOULD SUBSIDE TO SHOWERS IN THE MORNING HOURS TOMORROW. THE SECOND WAVE HOWEVER WILL ARRIVE WITH THE COLD FRONT DRIVING EAST ACROSS THE MISSISSIPPI RIVER SEVERAL HOURS AFTER SUNUP. IF SKIES BREAK OPEN IN THE MID TO LATE MORNING HOURS...SOLAR HEATING WILL ADD ENERGY TO AN ALREADY VIGOROUS LOOKING SYSTEM. THESE STORMS WILL ARRIVE IN THE EARLY AFTERNOON INTO NORTH CENTRAL ILLINOIS AND FINALLY CLEAR NORTHEAST ILLINOIS AND NORTHWEST INDIANA IN THE EARLY TO MID EVENING. STRONG DOWNBURSTS TO 70 MPH ARE POSSIBLE WITH THESE STORMS THURSDAY AFTERNOON AND EVENING. LARGE DAMAGING HAIL ARE ALSO PROBABLE. IF NOT THREATENING ENOUGH...A FEW TORNADOES ARE ALSO POSSIBLE. RESIDENTS AND BUSINESSES IN NORTHERN ILLINOIS AND NORTHWEST INDIANA SHOULD BEGIN PREPARING NOW FOR THIS SIGNIFICANT BOUT OF SEVERE WEATHER. GATHER VALUABLES AND YOUR WEATHER RADIO (WTF is THAT all about??)AND KEEP TUNED TO TV AND RADIO TO KEEP ABREAST OF THIS DEVELOPING SEVERE STORM THREAT.

5 Comments:

At 10/17/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell, that's scarier than the hurricane warnings we got a couple of years ago.

That's it! I'm moving the small tv and dvd player, blanket, pillow phone and laptop down to the Football (wannabe) Room.

I'll just have to remind myself that we don't get "all clear" signals here. Last time I sat in the basement and waited almost 2 hours for that damned thing. Man, was I embarrassed.......

Tammi

 
At 10/17/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hell, that's scarier than the hurricane warnings we got a couple of years ago.

That's it! I'm moving the small tv and dvd player, blanket, pillow phone and laptop down to the Football (wannabe) Room.

I'll just have to remind myself that we don't get "all clear" signals here. Last time I sat in the basement and waited almost 2 hours for that damned thing. Man, was I embarrassed.......

Tammi

 
At 10/17/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You can TELL I was serious. I actually repeated myself. ;-)

sorry....

Tammi

 
At 10/18/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All clear warnings are a huge liability.

The basement is a good location. Or, if you don't have a basement, lowest level, interior room away from windows.

I just wish I was going to be able to get out and Spot on this one. It sounds cool.


Petey
(I am only half pyscho, I just spot, not chase)

 
At 10/18/2007, Blogger DNR said...

Down her in Indy... the weather radio went off at about 0500. We were under tornado warnings till about 1000.

Nothing serious here, our weather net never went up so I didn’t get to go spot (would love to chase, does that make me full physco?) Looking up for this evening and tonight though.

I love severe weather... as long as no one get hurt.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home