Wednesday, September 12, 2007

There is a Season

Our weather has turned very cool over the past fews days, and I really welcome it. Because baggy sweatshirts make one look thinner, right?? But not only that, it made chicken and dumplings sound perfect for dinner last night. I'd post the recipe, but you might just as well buy a Paula Deen cookbook, because that's whose recipe I used.

Note to self- when using all your cayenne pepper supply to keep the squirrels out of the bird feeder, (like that really helped) substitute southwestern chipotle seasoning!

Oh my, was that GOOD! Old Sarge had three helpings, although between #2 and #3 he changed into his sweatpants.

What's YOUR favorite fall fare?

2 Comments:

At 9/12/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sooo need to make some Chicken and dumplings. I love that.

But my favorite fall fare? My beef stew. I make that more than anything.....

I'm thinkin' that may be on the menu real soon.

Tammi

 
At 9/13/2007, Blogger Richmond said...

One of my faves is my Chicken enchiladas I am making them tomorrow, in fact. Let me know if you'd like a couple more. I have a few recipes that are easy and good for the chilled weather...

God, I love fall... :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home