Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Boxer Ears!

Well, damn it, I have been sidelined with a respiratory thingy since last Friday and have missed much. Although I see Tammi. has certainly been on the ball!

Let me tell you, I am surprised that I have not blown out what is left of my pathetic, abused little lungs after screaming at the TV yesterday. I was pretty much channel surfing between naps, sampling the 9-11 coverage, when I stopped on CSPAN.

Just in time for Barbara Boxer lecturing Gen. Petraeus.

And it was ugly. That petty old bitch being so condescending to one of the greatest military minds we will ever have the great fortune to encounter....She NEVER EVEN ASKED HIM A QUESTION!!! Just stood on her frikkin' soapbox, ran over her alotted time and tried to berated that honorable man like he was a schoolboy.

It was pathetic.

I watched a little longer; the next few questions were tough but fair, I thought. Ambassador Crocker gave good answers, but dear Lord, he's dry. Gen. Petraeus was professional through it all. I had to turn the channel again when Obama came on- Illinois suffers enough shame with its' Senators.

Can we all agree that militarily, the United States cannot be beaten? Yes?

Then this defeatist attitude that has infected so many must come from somewhere, and all I can think of is the old Pogo cartoon:

"We have met the enemy, and he is us!"

Well, some of us. Them, as I prefer to call them.

I'm with Tammi. And Jackass Acres just became a MILITARIZED zone!

1 Comments:

At 9/12/2007, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am sooo angry over all this shit I can barely make myself coherant. It's time for focus. It's time to not just speak up but step up.

No more Miss Nice Guy - the gloves are comin' off.

Tammi

 

Post a Comment

<< Home