Monday, April 23, 2007

Diary of a Mad Housewife

I have a flower garden in the back yard that I have struggled with for a few years now. When we first moved into Jackass Acres, there was a huge nasty spot in the corner underneath a very old pine tree. So far, I have a statue of a WWII soldier, some decorative rocks from my quarry, tiger lilies, snow-on-the-mountain and creeping phlox. Oh and lots of Johnson grass. LOTS of it. I got most of it cleared and ready for new plantings and I am hoping that this year is the year I can keep up with it.

I did find something interesting at my friendly Ace hardware store to add in this year:

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

I also have one for Air Force and Army. I’ll get pictures posted once I can get some flowers on there.

Oh, and Old Sarge was ready to get out in the field yesterday, i.e. till the garden. Last fall, I nagged and harped and got downright pissy about leaving the tiller out. It sat outside all winter. Old Sarge was muttering many profanities because, what a surprise! the tiller wouldn’t keep running. “Piece of shit” indeed, Pa. Put your toys away when you are done!

This is the man who walked over to my side of the yard to take a break, took a pair of his undershorts out of his pocket and wiped his face. There are at least a dozen old T-shirts in the rag drawer, and he grabs underpants off his laundry stack.

When I was done weeding, I picked up the rakes and shovel I had been using and put them away. There in the middle of the yard were Old Sarge’s panties/sweat rag. For all I know, they are still there. If they are still there when I get home tonight, they may be flying off his car antenna.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home